Best CPU Cooler for i7 11700K
Are you finding your games lagging and your fan doing overtime? It may be time to invest in a CPU cooler that can go the distance alongside your most intense gaming experiences.
Are you finding your games lagging and your fan doing overtime? It may be time to invest in a CPU cooler that can go the distance alongside your most intense gaming experiences. We've taken a closer look at the very best CPU cooling on offer.
Do You Need a CPU Cooler?
If you're a gamer, yes, probably.
If you're working your PC harder than a racehorse during the Kentucky Derby, your central processing unit (CPU) will generate heat while it's in operation. If you want maximum performance out of Intel Core i7-11700K, you will need to invest in a heavy-duty CPU cooler.
One of the main flaws of the i7-11700k is that it runs incredibly hot. Don't let that put you off, though; it is an impressive piece of kit for the price and has all your CPU cycles and gaming covered.
What Type of CPU Cooler are Available?
CPU coolers are neat little things that absorb the heat output from your CPU and redistribute it away from essential parts of your hardware.
In 'explain like I'm 5' words:
the heat is taken away from the CPU to the bottom of the CPU cooler and then spread either via a liquid or a heat pipe, where it finally reaches a fan and is blown away from the cooler.
You have two options for cooling your CPU:
- Cooling via Air: air coolers are very common and generally cheaper. The heat is pulled away from the central processing unit via a metal heat sink and then blown away.
- Cooling via Liquid: liquid cooling is more efficient and can create very striking effects in your build if you're feeling fancy. All-in-one coolers (AIO) are most common, and the metal heat sink is part of a water block filled with coolant.
Which CPU Cooler is Best for i7 11700K?
As usual, this depends on several factors:
- Cost: naturally, liquid and air coolers can vary in expense, but air coolers tend to be cheaper.
- Installation: AIO liquid coolers are a little more complex to install in your gaming rig, but there are plenty of tutorials out there if you want to challenge yourself.
- Size: Size may not matter in all areas of life, but if you're working with a more petite build, a small radiator will suit you best.
- Noise: want a whisper-quiet gaming experience? Liquid cooling is generally quieter than fan CPU heatsinks.
3 Best CPU Cooler for i7 11700K
- Noctua NH-D15: legendary air cooling performance and ultimate quiet come to you via Noctua. A deluxe, premium choice for overclockers and silence-enthusiasts. - $100
- ARCTIC Liquid Freeze II 280: a beautiful clean look via all-in-one CPU water cooling. Low noise levels and superior performance at a fair price. - $108
- be quiet Pure Loop 280mm: quiet is the name of the game here. Impressively high performing and quiet as a mouse. White LEd illumination show off your custom build beautifully.
May the odds be ever in your favor for finding the best CPU cooler, and perhaps we can interest you in our line-up of the best graphics cards of 2022? We can tell the future.